NHMS Counseling Program
The goals of the North Hall Middle School counseling program align with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) national model for school counseling. Counselors provide a comprehensive program for all students which focuses on three areas of development: academic, career and personal/social. Student needs are addressed through classroom guidance, small group counseling, individual counseling, and parent-teacher consultation.
We believe the following:
• That the counseling program includes all students regardless of their individual differences.
• That all students can learn and become successful contributors to society.
• That all students deserve the opportunity to learn in a mutually respectful environment.
• That family is the primary influence in a student’s life.
• That student success is enhanced when the professional school counseling program is integrated into the school curriculum.
Our mission is to create a comprehensive school counseling program that will include:
• Individual and group counseling.
• Use of data to create developmentally appropriate programs to enhance the academic environment.
• School, family, and community partnerships that build effective environments that reduce barriers to learning.